Flag of Waleswebsite bannerFlag of St David

Anglesey Churches

Ancient Churches

Ancient Monuments

Anglesey Today

Beaches

History

Maritime History

Nature

Old Photographs

Timeline

Times Past

Towns and Villages

War Memorials

Water Mills and Windmills

 

 

 

Cemaes Bay - a seaside Town on Anglesey, in North Wales.

Cemaes Bay (Porth Wygyr).

Cemaes Bay - The Creek and Harbour

Cemaes Bay - The Creek and Harbour


Cemaes Bay is a small village on the north tip of Anglesey. Historically, it housed a fishing fleet, boat building, and was a busy small port.

The 5th century Llanbadrig church is nearby, said to have actually been founded by St Patrick after he was shipwrecked nearby. Once the parish church, but due to the remote location a new St Padrig's Church has bee built in the village.

The Magnox run Nuclear Power Station is not too far away - there is an aerial photograph below.

There is a small but interesting high street in the village, and a small central park to relax. Just a short walk from the high street and you are on the beach.



Wylfa Power Station from the air

Wylfa Power Station from the air

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay 1960's

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay Beach 1960's

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay,  High St 1915

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay, High St 1915

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay, Penrhyn and Harbour 1970's

Anglesey, Cemaes Bay, Penrhyn and Harbour 1970's

Back to Anglesey Towns Page

Home




Search the website below:

Web www.anglesey.info

Sitemap>>>>>Home>>>>>Privacy Policy

 

© 2016 Anglesey Môn Information Website - all rights reserved.