Flag of Waleswebsite bannerFlag of St David

Anglesey Churches

Ancient Churches

Ancient Monuments

Anglesey Today

Beaches

History

Maritime History

Nature

Old Photographs

Timeline

Times Past

Towns and Villages

War Memorials

Water Mills and Windmills

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill - converted to a dwelling

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill - converted to a dwelling

 

Llangoed Windmill - Melin Tros Y Marian (or Melin Llangoed) on the Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn) in North Wales.

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill in a rural surrounding

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill in a rural surrounding.

One of the earliest of the windmills still in existence, the corn mill was built in 1741, and continued working until the early 1920's.



In 1881, the miller was William Jones, aged 66 - and born in Llaneugrad - who lived in the property named Ty'n Felin (Mill House) with his wife and their 5 year old grandson. One servand made up the household. Also living in the village was Thomas Meredith aged 48, a corn and flour merchant living at Pen Y Bont, Llangoed. The possible owner of the mill was John Owen aged 36 and born in Llaiestyn, a farmer of 108 acres, living at Trosymarian with his wife, 2 sons, 2 daughters, and 4 servants.

In a place named Mariandyrys, the windmill had been tastefully converted into a dwelling by 2007, the property is now offered as luxury holiday accommodation.

O.S. Coordinates: SH608812.

Anglesey Mills




Search the website below:

Web www.anglesey.info

Sitemap>>>>>Home>>>>>Privacy Policy

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill and surroundings

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill and surroundings

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill showing the elevated position

Llangoed, Melin Tros-y-Marian Windmill showing the elevated position

© 2016 Anglesey Môn Information Website - all rights reserved.